Search Postgresql Archives

Re: auditing in postgresql

On 8/31/07, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > At present, immutable functions are only treated as constants during a
> > query, which is what we want (no problems with prepare).
>
> Uh, no, they'd be folded to constants at plan time, which is exactly
> what Jeff doesn't want AFAICS.

yikes! I did test this before I posted that, but I oversimplified it:
I didn't move the func() to the where clause...do the subselect
version defined as volatile seems the way to go.  unfortunately this
means you pay a small extra price for large result sets.

merlin

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq