Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question regarding autovacuum in 8.1

Denis Gasparin wrote:
> How is it possibile to check if autovacuum is running in 8.1.x?
>
> "Show Autovacuum" gives me "on" and also i see evidence in logs
> where,autovacuum writes "LOG:  autovacuum: processing database xxxx".

Then it is running.

> However i have no idea of what tables the autovacuum daemon is
> processing because there aren't autovacuum info columns on
> pg_stat_all_tables (as there are for 8.2.x).

For that, you need to change log_min_messages to debug2.

Keep track of the PID of autovacuum from the "processing database"
message and see if you can spot an ERROR message from it.

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.