Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is there a better way to do this?

On Aug 28, 2007, at 17:46 , Michael Glaesemann wrote:

I'm sure others could provide more cogent explanations, but those are my initial thoughts.

Thinking about this a little bit more: pushing interpolation/ concatenation to the furthest extreme you get to using eval-like construct, which is generally not considered something you want to do. Not quite that far you get SQL-injection (to bring the point a little closer to home). Now, granted you don't need to worry about these types of things in the specific example you provided, but these are related to the more general "it's bad practice" statement.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net