Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Tables dissapearing

My entire shop has set up a betting pool on the outcome of this...so I hope you post results regardless of the outcome, Kamil.

(in all seriousness, we hope you find/fix the problem before things get really ugly)

Kamil Srot wrote:
Richard Huxton wrote:
Kamil Srot wrote:
In the version used on this particular server, there is no automatic/programing way of changing the schema. Upgrades are done manually and application itself doesn't need schema changes
for routine operations...

In that case, you can settle the matter by making sure your application connects as a user that doesn't own any of the tables. That way they can't be dropped.

Yes, I'll do it in the future, but now, I want to know what is the problem and solve it rather than doing some workarounds (even if they are good also from the principle indeed).

Regards,

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend