From: "Stephen Ince" <since@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 27/08/07, 17:02:21
Subject: Re:  PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished

Postgres can't be embedded or serverless. Firebird has the embedded feature.
Most of the databases have this capability (hsqldb, derby,oracle,mysql,
firebird, and db2). Derby and hsqldb are the only free embedded databases
for commercial use.

SQL Server CE is also free for commercial use iirc.

Regards, Dave

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster