Search Postgresql Archives

Re: SQL Diff ?

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List;

I have a very large table (52million rows) - I'm creating a copy of it to rid it of 35G worth of dead space, then I'll do a sync, drop the original table and rename table2.

Once I have the table2 as a copy of table1 what's the best way to select all rows that have been changed, modified in table1 since the initial laod from table1 into table2?

Also I'll need to delete any rows in table2 that no longer remain in table1.

Set log_statement to 'mod' (or 'ddl' if you expect any changes to the schema itself) in postgresql.conf. Then it's just a matter of parsing out the mods in the log.