Search Postgresql Archives

Re: reporting tools

On 8/23/2007 5:16 AM Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Phoenix Kiula wrote on 23.08.2007 10:42:
On 23/08/07, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of CR, but it's worked with PostgreSQL
for quite some time now.  We had it hitting a pg7.2 db back in the
day, when hip kids road around in rag top roadsters and wore tshirts
with cigarettes rolled in their sleeves.

Also, look at Pentaho.  It's open source and pretty good.

Thanks. Pentaho looks good. But are there any alternatives that don't
require me to spend days installing the whole Java shebang?

If you don't need a server-based solution, you might want to look at iReport designer.

Although it is also Java based it only needs a runtime environment on the client (not sure if that qualifies for "whole shebang" for you as well):

This is specifically why we released OpenRPT as open source - it's very lightweight, no Java required.  http://sf.net/projects/openrpt

Cheers,
Ned

--