Search Postgresql Archives

Re: history table

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 1:22 pm, Robin Helgelin wrote:

> Yes, this is where I'm too new to postgresql, how do I tell
> the database which user is logged in to the webapp? A session
> parameter? There will be connection pooling, but if I know how
> to solve the previous question I don't think it's hard to get
> it working with the pool.

Tablelog looks pretty cool.  One way to handle your user ID issue
would be to initiate a user session by storing a session record
(for example:  id, username, starttime), then have your app pass
that session ID to your updates for history.  Then you could
store the user ID in an update_session_id column and tablelog
would help track of the history.

Ed

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq