Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework

> It is still a possible point of confusion, but I am starting to think
> that pgsql has it right, and mssql has it wrong. (I feel betrayed!) This
> issue probably deserves a prominant place in the FAQ!

Betrayed? yes.  Surprised?  I hope not :)

I think your driver (JDBC? or?)  is doing autocommit (though I am not
sure), and in the discussion we are confounding confusing rollbacks
(in the database) with exception handling (in the application,which, I
presume, is Java?).

You may be best reworking your transactions, but in order to clear up
the confusion you will probably need to post some actual code here (we
can handle it, don't worry...).

-W