Search Postgresql Archives

Re: automatic rollback?

On Aug 16, 2007, at 12:27 , John Gunther wrote:

After using PostgreSQL 8.1 and earlier versions for years, I'm suddenly encountering a vexing problem. A certain kind of update and insert is frequently reverting to its original condition after a day or two -- the inserted record is gone and the updated one is back the way it was. There seems to be no code in the application that could be doing this.

What is this certain kind of update or insert? If it's visible to other database queries (that aren't in the same transaction), it's been committed. I suspect there's something in the code that you haven't found yet--or maybe some kind of restore procedure from an earlier backup?

Can you provide a reproducible test case?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net