Search Postgresql Archives

Re: User-Friendly TimeZone List

Naz Gassiep <naz@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> 1. The timezone list there isn't exactly user friendly, there are many
> Etc/* timezones there, as well as others that would be potentially
> confusing for users who are trying to select the timezone they are in.

Feel free to filter things you don't think are popular.  I'd be inclined
to delete Etc/ posix/ and right/ (the latter two only show up on some
platforms).  Another idea is to not show anything more than an hour or
two off from where you think the user is.

> 2. If a timezone is removed from the list for whatever reason, then the
> system will be left with users who have selected a timezone that is no
> longer a valid choice in the list.

I think that's pretty unlikely to happen, unless you switch to a
different platform.

			regards, tom lane