Search Postgresql Archives

memory optimization

Hi there,

I have a procedure which uses temporary objects (table and sequence). I
tried to optimize it, using common variables (array and long varchar)
instead. I didn't found any difference in performance, but I'd like to
choose the best option from other points of view. One of them is the memory.

So, what is better from the postgres memory point of view: to use temporary
objects, or to use common variables ?

Can you suggest me other point of views to be taken into consideration in my
case ?

TIA,
Sabin

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend