Search Postgresql Archives

Re: TimestampTZ

On Aug 13, 2007, at 0:35 , Naz Gassiep wrote:

As clearly stated in the documentation

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/datatype- datetime.html#DATATYPE-TIMEZONES

Perhaps I'm thick, but I don't find that particular page to be clear on this at all.

Had you read the documentation before you posted? Did you read the part that was quoted to you by both myself and Paul Lambert? If so, why didn't you mention this in your first post? While the page has a lot of information on it, the part that deals with time zones on input is pretty clear and plainly stated. What do you find confusing about it? If you can explain how part of the documentation is not clear, then perhaps the documentation can be improved so others won't have the same problem you did.

Had you experimented as Hubert Depecz Lubaczewksi recommended? If so, what did you find confusing? If not, why not?

I pose these questions because I know you are not new to PostgreSQL, nor to posting on these mailing lists, and should be familiar with with these techniques of exploring PostgreSQL and asking questions. Or do you consider it easier to have others do this work for you?

And most importantly, have you found the answer to your question?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

      match