Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Parrallel query execution for UNION ALL Queries

On Jul 18, 11:50 am, deci...@xxxxxxxxxxx ("Jim C. Nasby") wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:30:48AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > EnterpriseDB, a commercially enhanced version of PostgreSQL can do
> > query parallelization, but it comes at a cost, and that cost is making
> > sure you have enough spindles / I/O bandwidth that you won't be
> > actually slowing your system down.
>
> I think you're thinking ExtendDB. :)

Well, now they are one and the same - seems that EnterpriseDB bought
ExtenDB and are calling it GridSQL.

Now that it's a commercial endeavor competing with Greenplum, Netezza
and Teradata I'd be very interested in some real world examples of
ExtenDB/GridSQL.

- Luke

       match