Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Crosstab Question

On Aug 8, 2007, at 19:23 , David Blewett wrote:

Since the number of questions to be pivoted will vary per
questionnaire the method should accept a number of columns
parameter. The crosstab in the tablefunc contrib module expects the
columns to be explicitly identified before hand. I suppose it could
be possible to write a simple function to wrap the crosstab_n_cols
functions to be able to return a variable number, but that seems
hackish. Are there any other alternatives?

I've done just that in the past. It's pretty straightforward and has worked fine.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net