Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Linux distro

I just moved one of my desktops and my laptop from Fedora 6 to Unbuntu 7.04 because Fedora lacked hardware support that Unbuntu and my Fedora machines had all sorts of problems like sound dropping out and machines locking up. (Also the Fedora installers are terrible).

My small gripes about Ubuntu are:
 1) rpm, for all its faults, is still better than using apt
 2) It doesn't include xen support like Fedora does
3) Support. The redhat bugzilla is much better than the Ubuntu bug tracker and the Ubuntu docs are just a very sparse Wiki.

But my big gripe is that it won't let me run 32 bit apps on my 64 bit system, which means a lot of firefox plugins don't work. If I had realized this I would have just installed the 32 bit version to begin with. I don't see why this is such a big problem for Ubuntu

      match