Search Postgresql Archives

Re: The leanest, meanest Windows installer possible

Mitchell Vincent wrote:

I've been using PG for years and years but bringing it to the Win32
desktop presents some deployment challenges. Since this software will
be downloaded I am looking for the smallest possible installer that
provides the functionality I'm looking for.
Hi Mitchell,

I created a slick installer to do just what you want with Inno setup.
Nice and easy to use with no MSI/WIX dependencies or complexities.
Get it here, full source included with a BSD license for the parts I wrote.
www.amsoftwaredesign.com/downloads/pg_installer_setup.zip

It's only been tested with 8.1, but should work just fine with 8.2.

This program is AS IS..with no support from AM Software.

Inno Setup is available from here for free:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I can't remember exactly, but I think this one comes in at around 8mb.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

      match