Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql over a SAN

At one point I used a SAN with a 380GB postgresql database. There were
no issues.

Great benefit? We were able to keep a hot standby servers in case the
main server went down. In that case we would just shutdown the primary
server, and start the standby one.

- Ericson Smith
W3matter LLC
http://www.w3matter.com

On 7/26/07, Albe Laurenz <all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Denis Gasparin wrote:
> We're evaluating to install a SAN (Storage Area Network) and to use it
> as storage area for our Postgresql server.
>
> Did anybody already make this? Problems, performance issues, tips?

We use a SAN with HP EVA boxes for our PostgreSQL servers and we have
not encountered any irregularities so far. None of our databases
are very big or under heavy load though.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

              http://archives.postgresql.org/