Search Postgresql Archives

Re: query optimizer

On Saturday 21 July 2007 Tom Lane's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Beyond that, the GEQO chapter provides several references, and IMHO
> you should not be all that resistant to looking into the source code.
> Even if you don't read C well, many of the files provide a wealth of
> info in the comments.

Thanks for you integration and, even if I'm not a C-expert, I'd like to read
the source code to better understand how postgres works. Nevertheless, since
the source code can be very long, it should be better to have a kind of uml
diagram or something similar to understand on which point of code to focus
on. That's what I was looking for.

Luca