Search Postgresql Archives

Database design : international postal address

Hello guys,

I am currently designing a database which has several tables (e.g. a Customer table) which include address information such as street address, city, state, country code, and zip code, and phone number information in each record. We need to make the schema for these tables sufficient to accomodate entries for international customers.

I figured someone else reading this may have developed a database with similar international concerns and have some suggestions that would help us avoid any pitfalls as we move forward. Is a standard for international addresses exists in the case of database design? in representation?

I want to be rock solid....

Any suggestions/help is appreciated! Thanks!!