Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem with autovacuum and pg_autovacuum

Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:04:35 -0400 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Most likely it is worried about XID wraparound, and those are precisely
> > the tables that need urgent vacuumed because they haven't been vacuumed
> > in a long time.
>
> No, autovacuum is doing this with every run. Beside this, the database has
> only some 10k changes per day. The wraparound was my first idea, but i
> don't see a reason, why this should be happen with every autovacuum run.

Ok a new weird scenario.  Could you please let us look at

select relname, relfrozenxid, age(relfrozenxid) from pg_class where
relkind in ('r', 't') order by 3 desc;

and

select datfrozenxid, age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database where
datname = 'your database';