Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgressqlnot support inwindows 2000

Magnus Hagander wrote:
Yes, but it was not necessarily launched as "msiexec". If the file was
just double-clicked on, the path to msiexec will be fetched from the
registry and not the system PATH. That's the only explanation I can find.

Not being installed on Windows 2000 is possible iirc - but breaking the path and/or renaming the .exe (and then updating the registry to match) seems like some really contrived breakage!!

Siva; did you extract both msi files from the zip file before running the installer?

That gives a different error message - it starts msiexec and then
msiexec is the one that complains. This error indicates that it can't
even find msiexec.exe to run.

So it does. I'm sure I've seen that one before though; can't remember where...

/D