Search Postgresql Archives

Status of pgaccess

What is happening (or not happening) with pgaccess?

In upgrading a computer from Debian Linux 3.1 (sarge) to Debian Linux 4.0 (etch), the package pgaccess is no longer available.

My wife has it installed on her Ubuntu system, which is the version before the current one. However, the pgaccess is not functional, and, when I searched for the package on the Debian web site, pgaccess is only found to be available for Debian 3.1 (also now named "oldstable", and has the version number 1:0.98.8.20030520-1, and, by context, I believe that that version works with PostgreSQL 7.x and not 8.x, which is apparently why pgaccess was not functional, as she had upgraded PostgreSQL on her system, from 7.4 to 8.1 .

Also, that version number of pgaccess, I believe, appears to indicate that it was released on 20 May 2003, which is, I believe, before the release of PostgreSQL 8.x .

On searching on the PostgreSQL web site for pgaccess, the page with the results includes the statement "Based on your search term, we recommend the following links:
    * http://www.pgaccess.org/
"

At that web site, is the title "PgAccess (Redux)" , so I do not know whether it has been renamed "Redux", although searching on that name, in the Debian packages search engine, returns "not found for all suites, sections, and architectures".

Also on the web site at http://www.pgaccess.org , is stated "Last stable version is 0.98.7 , released on 27 January 2001. Read what's new. The first new release is expected later in June or July 2002.
"

So, it appears that that web site has not been updated since 2001 or 2002. Most of the links on that web site home page, to information about pgaccess, are broken, and a stable version appears to have been released, after the last stable version that is mentioned on that web site.

On the web page at http://pgaccess.projects.postgresql.org/ is stated
"PgAccess at PgFoundry
nothing here yet "