Search Postgresql Archives

Re: transaction problem using cursors

Unfortunately this is not possible, because this should happen on the
client. The client calls FETCH for every record available in that cursor
    when the user (application) wants to display the data (scrollable
list of records)
So do you think i should wrap each FETCH statement?
We handle exceptions errors through libpq, and if a FETCH leads to such
a runtime error, we try to FETCH the first record again.
The problem is that we can't use this cursor any more -> it seems to be
corrupt after that error.

Change your SQL statement. It is not correct with your real data.

Pavel