Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using the power of the GPU

On Jun 8, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Guy Rouillier wrote:

Well, I'm not one of the developers, and one of them may have this particular scratch, but in my opinion just about any available fish has to be bigger than this one. Until someone comes out with a standardized approach for utilizing whatever extra processing power exists on a GPU in a generic fashion, I can't see much payback for writing special code for the NVIDIA 8800.

And I can state unequivocally that none of my high-end DB serves will every have such a high-end graphics card in it... so what's the point?