Search Postgresql Archives

cube problem

Hi,
I have a table with one column as real[]. Now if I want to make cubes out of each of these arrays, is there a way in postgre I can do it. I guess cube operator is not defined for real[] but can I create cubes if the column was integer[]. If yes please may I know
how.

Actually I would pass an real[] array to a function. I want to create a cube out of this so that, somehow I can calculate the distance between this cube and each row in the table which has a column of real[]. So I would have to create a cube for each row in the table. I can write a function which accepts array and calculate such distance in C but thats too
slow since there are 10 million rows.

Thanks
Abhang