Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column

Richard P. Welty wrote:
Guy Fraser wrote:
Have you thought about setting up an account with PayPal, and having
people pay through PayPal?

Let PayPal deal with the security, and credit card info, after all it's
what they do.
at the day job, when we switched from paypal (who we found very undependable) to authorize.net, we were very pleased to discover that authorize.net would take care of the credit card numbers for us, so we didn't have to try to secure them beyond
the usual requirements while the numbers are in transit.

i would definitely recommend outsourcing for this if at all possible.

Paypal has a perception issue - they are perceived as being tightly linked with eBay. That's a problem in the corporate arena. If my stock broker were to tell me they do all their financial transactions through Paypal, I'd probably wonder if they were a legitimate corporation.

Do any of these outsourcers indemnify corporate customers against fraud or data loss?

--
Guy Rouillier