Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Record Types Structure in PL/pgSQL

Hello

it isn't possible in plpgsql. Try other plperl or plpython

Regards
Pavel Stehule

2007/6/6, Diego Sanchez <dsanchez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

 Hi there.

 Is there any way of determining the actual structure of a record variable?
E. g. I've written a small script to do some calculations  over some fields
with a dinamically generated query. It looks like this:

 create function foo(text) returns void as
 $$
 declare
 a_record record;
 my_query alias for $1;
 begin
 for a_record in execute my_query loop
 -- Do some calculations
 end loop;
 return;
 end;
 $$
 language plpgsql;

 The question is: how could I possibly get the field names and other
information about the record a_record? I appreciate any suggestions or tips
about this.

 Best regards.