Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL

"Paolo Bizzarri" <pibizza@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 6/2/07, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Please provide a reproducible test case ...

> as explained above, the problem seems quite random. So I need to
> understand what we have to check.

In this context "reproducible" means that the failure happens
eventually.  I don't care if the test program only fails once in
thousands of tries --- I just want a complete self-contained example
that produces a failure.  I don't have the time to try to
reverse-engineer a test case from your rather vague description, whereas
I suppose you can make one by stripping down code you've already got.

The sub-text here is that I don't really believe that lo_import and
lo_export in themselves are broken.  There must be some extra factor ---
something else you are doing, or something in your environment ---
contributing to the bug.  Thus, the odds of someone else building a
usable test case from scratch aren't that good, and being able to
reproduce the failure outside your environment is an essential step.

			regards, tom lane