Search Postgresql Archives

Re: warm standby server stops doingcheckpointsafterawhile

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 09:22 -0700, Dhaval Shah wrote:
> I am following this thread with interest and hence as a request if the
> discussion is kept in this thread, is easier for me to follow it.
>
> Just recently I have put the WAL standby in production using 8.2.3 and
> would like to know the circumstances where I will need to upgrade.
> Hence the interest.

OK, in summary:

We have a rare bug in WAL recovery for GIN indexes that has been noticed
during Warm Standby recovery. Currently, this is effecting the ability
to perform restartable recovery, which would cause some administrative
difficulty if the *standby* server fails. We're working on a fix.

--
  Simon Riggs