Search Postgresql Archives

Re: warm standby server stops doingcheckpointsafterawhile

I'd suggest we throw an error, as shown in the enclosed patch. Frank,
can you give that a whirl to provide Teodor with something more to work
with? Thanks.

I already makes a test suite which reproduce the problem - it leaves incompleted splits. But I discover one more problem: deadlock on buffer's lock. So, right now I investigate the problem.

Neither GIST nor B-tree seems to throw an error in corresponding
locations also, so the potential for not being able to track this is
high. I'd want to throw errors in those locations also.

Agreed, I'll add more check
--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor@xxxxxxxxx
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/