Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?

Hello,
I would need more info about index types in postgre (btree, hash, gin and
gist) - is there any guide that explains in detail when to use which index
type? These index types have different performance with certain collumn
types and data characteristics store in them. There's not much info about it
pg docs. So, does any document describing detailed index usage or do you
have any personal recomendations when to use which index?

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/index.php?/archives/112-GIN-performance-postgresql.org-websearch-part-2.html
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/278-PostgreSQL-full-text-search-testing.html

* others .. btree index (I don't know anybody who use hash index)

Regards
Pavel Stehule