Search Postgresql Archives

Re: large table problem

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Jason Nerothin wrote:

I'm trying to work my way around a large query problem.

Not too unexpectedly, the app server (EJB3/JPA) is choking on the queries
which are "unnamed native queries" in Java parliance. Work-around attempt 1
was to call directly to the JDBC driver, but the cursor doesn't dispose of
the memory in the ResultSet once I've passed it by (OutOfMemoryError) and
the documentation suggests that cursor behavior is a little buggy for the
current postgres driver. (The docs suggest implementing a custom stored
procedure to provide iteration.)

I'm not sure what documentation you're reading:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/query.html#query-with-cursor

and it works as adverstised.

Kris Jurka