Search Postgresql Archives

Auditing a database

Hi,

I am developing a web application for auditing tables from a postgresql
database.

My question is: when an update occurrs in the base table, should I insert in
the auditing table the new record or the old one?

I was first inserting the new one but a job partner, who are testing the
application suggested that probably would be better to insert the old record
because it is simpler to follow the trace of updates.

What you suggest?

Regards,

--
Germán Hüttemann Arza