Search Postgresql Archives

Re: SQL WHERE: many sql or large IN()

If I read this right, intarray is for reading values from an array data type.

I don't have this.

I have a varchar() field that is indexed (unique), call it 'foo'

I have a choice of running:

SELECT bar FROM tokens WHERE foo IN ('apple','orange','biscuit'....) for up to ~300 words

OR

SELECT bar FROM tokens WHERE foo = 'apple' up to ~300 times as a prepared/cached SQL statements.