Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Granting permissions

> I want to give only select,insert,update,delete permission on
> a particular database to a user. and aslso this user should
> not have any createdb permission.

I think that you get the concept wrong.

You cannot select from a database, you can only select from a
table (or view).

You probably mean 'select permissions for all tables in a database'.

There is no such thing.
Permissions are stored on the objects themselves, so a table
"knows" who is allowed to access it.

For what you want, you must give the user
a) permissions on all individual tables he/she should access
b) USAGE privilege on the Schemata
c) CONNECT privilege to the database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe