Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Nice, web-based SNMP-Frontend for pgsnmpd?

I've just stumbled across pgsnmpd. It works quite well,
though I haven't yet found a web-based monitoring
software that works well with pgsnmpd. The problem is
that pgsnmpd exportsa bunch of values _per_ database.

(The output of snmpwalk looks something like
PGSQL-MIB::pgsqlDbDatabase.1.1.3 = STRING: "postgres"
PGSQL-MIB::pgsqlDbDatabase.1.1.4 = STRING: "template0"
)

Most SNMP monitoring tools (like netmrg) allow you to
define graphs for custom oid - but they don't allow me
to say "Create a graph for every oid that matches a
certain pattern". Therefor, I'd need to manually create
one graph per database, which is tiresome...

So - does anyone know a good webapplication that does
snmp graphs?

cacti should let you do it. I've not done it myself, but when you tell it to graph disk space it let's you pick from all the partitions available. I just hooked it up with litespeed web server and it does the same thing letting me graph each of the configured virtual hosts. In both cases the scripts/templates were built by someone else so I don't can't tell you how to do it, but it can be done.

-philip