Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Reading from a text file, or unix console screen

Suro wrote:
Hi!

Can anyone tell me how can I insert an information from a text file to a
PostgreSQL database when the text file is continously being updated with a
new information.

Alternatively if I have a freebsd program which continously echoes to the
console screen some information, how can I insert that information to the
database and to correct columns, using some regular expressions method.

Sounds like you'll be wanting Perl and File::Tail (try search.cpan.org)

I'm sure Python and Ruby have their own versions too.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd