Search Postgresql Archives

inserting 4800 records at a time

Hi,

We use an application that generates 4800 points for the graph of a waveform.
We capture this data and display it to the user. Now we want to save all this
information to a database. I have tried to create a record for each point,
but insertion/retrieval is slow. I thought that maybe I could save one record
per graph and save all the points as a large string, but there would be 148k
characters in the string. Then I'm still not sure what the performance would
be like. Would the use of BLOBs a better way to go here? Any ideas on what
the best approach would be for us?

Thanks,
Tom