Search Postgresql Archives

Async triggers

Is this possible in PG somehow? Basically I need to call web service whenever new row is inserted in a table - the lookup takes time up to 10-15 seconds. Obviously I cant do this inside trigger proc as that would delay inserts a lot. I suppose I could do a cron job to do webservice lookups periodically, but that involves delay and added point of failure (if cron process stops working for whatever reason). Ideally async trigger proc would be the solution, but it seems I cant do asynchronous execution in PG.

Thanks!
Peter