Search Postgresql Archives

sql indexing suggestions needed

i'm going crazy trying to optimize this select.

The table has ~25 columns, the select is based on 10. There are approx 5 million records in the table and growing.

No matter how I index + analyze this table, including making an index of every related column on the search, pg keeps doing a sequential scan and never includes an index -- which takes ~2minutes to do. I really need to cut this down.

	SELECT
		*
	FROM
		table_a
	WHERE
		( bool_a = False )
		AND
		( bool_b= False )
		AND
		( int_c IS NOT NULL )
		AND
		( int_c <= 10 )
		AND
		( bool_d = False )
		AND
		( bool_e= True )
		AND
		( timestamp_f IS NULL )
		AND
		( bool_g IS False )
		AND
		( int_h= 1 )
		AND
		( bool_i = False )
	ORDER BY
		id ASC
	LIMIT 100

can anyone suggest an indexing approach that might get pg to use the indexes ? this is driving me crazy.

thanks.