Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PgSql on Vista?

Arkan wrote:
Hi all,

have anybody installed PgSQL on Windows Vista? I tried yesterday but I
fail... on XP and linux i've installed pgsql much times but on
vista...  nothing to do! Version in 8.2.3 with the installer.

If I install with my user account (with administrative rights), the
installlation fails on setting file permission, about at 3/4 of the
process.

If I install with Administrator account, the installer fail when
starting the service..

any ideas?

I've got it running on my vista machine, you just need to turn off User Account Control from the Control Panel -> Security Settings -> Other Settings for the duration of the installation.

After install completes you can turn it back on... if you want - personally I leave it off, it's an incredibly annoying "feature".

Note, turning UAC off and on both require reboots.

P.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator