Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database slowness -- my design, hardware, or both?

Hi, Webb Sprague.  You wrote:
How much concurrency is there on your database?
Almost none. I'm generally running one client against the server. I often have a second client connected simultaneously, just for the purpose of answering short questions. I'm now thinking of separating each activity into its own database, in the hopes that this will improve the system speed enough to do what I need. But I'm far from convinced that this will really help.

Reuven