Search Postgresql Archives

plpythonu and PYTHONPATH/sys.path

Hi,

I want to use python modules I have written in plpythonu. I can load these modules in functions within postgres if they are installed in the "official" python module directories (e.g. /blah/site-packages etc.)

However, I want to use modules which are in my home file space, but I can't get this to work.

I've tried setting PYTHONPATH to the directory containing the modules, and even tried explicitly appending the directory to sys.path within the plpythonu interpretter (i.e. at the beginning of the database function). I always get an import error, though - the module cannot be found. Why doesn't the embedded python interpretter use sys.path (fully?) for locating modules?

How can I use python modules in plpythonu which are located in non-standard directories?

(I use Fedora Core 6, Postgres v. 8.1.8, Python 2.4.4)

Thanks,

Korin

Dr. Korin Richmond              Centre for Speech Technology Research
                                   2 Buccleuch Pl, Edinburgh, EH8 9LW
                                             Tel: +44 (0)131 651 1769

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/ssi/people/korin.html