Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query timing

That's not quite as fast as I would like to do it, that throws in a few more steps which slow down the development process. However if there is no way I will persevere with the method I have now.
Thanks,
- Naz.

Jorge Godoy wrote:
Naz Gassiep <naz@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Using EXPLAIN ANALYZE I can get the execution time of a query. Is there a
command I can use to get the execution time without the planning information?
I just need to time lots of queries that have complex plans and it'd be easier
if I didn't have pages and pages of planning info between tries. The queries
themselves are one line each, but refer to views, which make the plans pretty
complex. Being able to see several times in one terminal window would be
easier.

Write the queries in a file, run them with psql -f and grep for the desired
lines only.