Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Differences in identical queries

Rob Schall wrote:
I noticed the rows bit. I wasn't quite sure why it thought it would get
so many back. Even after doing a analyze. I will alter the table stats
and see if that helps.

As for the values in orignum, they are all 10 digit numbers
(nxx,npa,num). I probably could have stored them as a char, etc, but I
didn't think that would help the cause at all. They are all over the
board as far what the numbers are set to, but long story short, they are
call detail numbers. So if they are our customer, then one of the
numbers i tossed in anitmp (one of the customer's numbers) could have
hundreds of entries. Not sure if this is what you were asking me.

Well, it must be thinking it'll get a lot of matches for your 40 rows, so increasing the stats might well help.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd