Search Postgresql Archives

Re: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpq.so.4" not found

postgresql-8-2 installs libpq.so.5. You need to upgrade pgadmin to link with libpq.so.5, or you need to downgrade postgresql to 8.1.x. Once you downgraded postgres, you can upgrade it again using portupgrade; it will save a copy of libpq.so.4 in /usr/local/lib/ compat/pkg/, so as long as you have that path in you ldconfig path (you should, unless you've modified som settings), it will work without upgrading pgadmin.

Good luck!

/Palle