Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PG periodic Error on W2K

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Paul Lambert wrote:
I'm running PG 8.2.3 on We doze 2000 Server. (Should I apologise for
that up front to appease the masses?)

Probably ;)

I propound to all my sincerest of apologies for installing what I believe to be a marvel of human creation in Postgres on what most believe to be the ultimate travesty of what some claim to be an operating system in Macrohard Webloze.

I would be delighted to offer my assurance that such a farce would never again take place, but I have about forty such installations to do when my development is complete :(

I am periodically getting errors pop up on the server console of the
following nature:
This showed no errors.

I can also open the mentioned file - pgstat.stat - using notepad or any
other program without mention of corruption and the data within the file
looks to be uniform suggesting it is fine.

Try turning off stats. However you will need to run vacuum using some
other method.

Joshua D. Drake

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Should I bugger off?

The Windows port is still young, we are here to help. Try the above and
see if the problem goes away :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

I should mention that this particular database is my development server so at this point it doesn't have any data because I'm still trying to get the program prepared that populates is. (All tables have zero rows)

I don't think vacuuming will do much for me anyway so I have no problems if I can't run it :)

I'll turn off stats and see what happens.

Thanks.

--
Paul Lambert
Technical Support Team Leader and Database Administrator