Search Postgresql Archives

Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?

I tend to forget the important details ;)

gnychis@sn001:~$ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.1.8
contains support for command-line editing
gnychis@sn001:~$ uname -a
Linux sn001 2.6.17-10-server #2 SMP Tue Dec 5 21:17:26 UTC 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

- George

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
George Nychis wrote:
Sure I can do that, but why is this happening?  Is this normal behavior?

Well that is the better question. If it is indeed doing what you say it
is doing, I would say it is a bug. However you have not mentioned
several important items, like what postgresql version you are running.

Joshua D. Drake

- George

Erik Jones wrote:
Did you use some kind of sensical naming convention for the child
tables?  If so, couldn't you write a script to loop through and drop
them one at a time?