Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How would you handle updating an item and related stuff all at once?

Rick Schumeyer wrote:

Completely off topic, (but not worth a separate post) I have been forced to use a little bit of mysql lately...did you know that if you use transaction and foreign key syntax with myisam tables, it does not complain...it just silently ignores your requests for transactions and foreign key checks. Yikes! I had incorrectly assumed I would get an error message indicating that transactions are not supported. Oh well.

I ran into the same thing. Actually it may have been that a dump, restore caused tables to be created with myisam engine instead of innodb. Regardless, I lost faith in MySQL except for things it good at... fast read only web database.